The First Generation Plus Success Center staff seeks to provide access to resources such as legal assistance and scholarships for undocumented students regardless of income, cultural background, or residency status.
IDEAS at USC
IDEAS at USC (Improving Dreams, Equality, Access, and Success) was founded in Spring 2011 in order to create a safe space and positive dialogue among undocumented students (DREAMers) and allies. This student organization is focused on student needs, concerns, and challenges of the undocumented student communities.
There are several places at USC that provides resources and support to our Undocumented Student population. Click below to learn more about these opportunities and resources offered:
- USC Gould School of Law: Immigrant Legal Assistance Center: Free, confidential consultations, legal assistance, and referrals to all students and staff. A service it provides is supporting DACA applications. Appointments necessary.
- GSG & USG Free Legal Counseling: Mondays from 3 – 9 p.m. PST. Registration necessary.
- Graduate Student Emergency Fund: This program is designed to help graduate students with unforeseen expenses arising from a crisis and quickly address financial setbacks.
- Know Your Rights
- Dream Act Application
- CA Non-Resident Tuition Exemption
- Financial Aid for Undocumented and DREAMers Students
- Understanding DACA
- American Dream and Promise Act
- American Immigration Council
- National Immigration Law Center